Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Basic Photography


Zak


We all have seen the corporate head shot that we as photographers might think "I don't shoot like that". I don't want to shoot like that.

Now that I'm out their every day trying to make a living in photography. I have sucked up "some" of my pride and I have come to the realization that at the end of the day income is a very good thing.

When I saw the classic corporate mug shot, I thought the good one's are shooting in a controlled environment like a studio. In the past, I always did location corporate head shots. I know I can do the corporate head shot but they didn't quite have the polish of the commercial studio's.

So I did a little test shooting yesterday. Instead of using big studio lights I decided to us two 580EX II flashes. I'm not going to give it all away but one on the backdrop and one on my face. After some trail and error and tweaking I finally got the classic shot that most organization would be happy with. If I had a choice I would prefer the environmental portrait but not all companies want to spend the money or commit the time for that type of portrait.

PS: I could use a pretty model.

1 comment:

Tony said...

You could have used Zak as your model. He's pretty, for a guy, if you're into that. I'm not.