Thursday, April 9, 2009

Now my wife


Our son Jason kisses Lorie after finishing the 2008 Tempe Town Lake Ford Ironman.

Sorry but this post isn't about photography or deep thought.

I just got off the phone with my wife Lorie. She called me to inform me she has been laid off today. If your new to my blog, I got laid off in January. My wife worked for Todd and Wanda McFarlane. Yes the famous comic book artist who is internationally know as movie producer, toy maker and so on.

She was there nanny for 9 years and then worked for their company TMP International for the past 3 1/2 or so years. Lorie would have given her life for the McFarlane family when she cared for their children. She loves them dearly and as do I. They have been very good to us over the years and we wish them good health and prosperity moving forward. We know this had to be a very difficult decision for them personally.

No blame just sadness! It's a shame what is happening to businesses across this country and around the world. So many people are being displaced from their homes and their lives uprooted or destroyed as a result of out of control global greed.

Lorie and I are 55. I thought according to the American Dream we would be secure in our jobs and we would be thinking about retirement in the next 5 to 10 years. We both had long term jobs, worked hard and tried to do everything right. From our experience over the past 3 months that doesn't equal security. Is this fate? There is the proverbial light that is supposed to be good, right? It seems you have to chase it because it isn't stationary.

As we get over the first few humps and (garage sales). This will present new challenges. I'm sure there is opportunity here. I have no doubt Lorie will thrive and people will benefit from her experience, work ethic and personality.

2 comments:

Paulo said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Lori's job. If there is anything we can do...

Toru Kawana said...

Hang in there, Brad and Lorie.