Thursday, February 26, 2009

A simple compliment can do so much!

This is an email I received from my client the other day.

Hi Brad,

I just wanted to let you know that the guy who lays out our magazine made a comment to Catherine about the high quality of your photos. He said that your style of shooting is bringing a whole new dimension to the publication and that working with your photos made him excited about laying out the magazine again. I thought that was a real compliment and I wanted to pass it on!

Can you believe that! WOW! Thank you!

I have to tell you being a creative person I'm always questioning my resolve and creative skills. I think this is fairly normal for us who put our work in the public eye and open ourselves up for critique. It's the professional affirmation that lets me know I'm on the right track. To some, being a creative person it is no surprise that insecurity comes with the territory. Receiving an email like this one helps wash that all away.


No comments: