Thursday, February 12, 2009

A NEW LOOK






















A new identity. Branding, marketing and watching your expenses is the foundation of a successful business. This is my first real step toward success.

It has been a while since I have posted. My apologies!

Keeping the reading short and to the point. I have been working with my close friend Phil Timper of Timper Arts http://www.timperarts.com/ on creating a logo. After creating several choices we narrowed it down to this final design. This is my new logo. This logo will be on everything I do for now on. I can finally order business cards, stationary, envelopes, and maybe even coffee cups who knows. I love the design. Thanks Phil.

I want to publicly thank a few close friends. Tony Blei for his advice and support, who himself needs support during difficult times since his mothers passing this week. Dave Cruz for keeping me on task and reinforcing the business mantra. Above all my "reverse" mentor EB McGovern. EB was a young kid right out of ASU's Journalism school when we first met. All I did was be her friend and tell her how special she is. I helped her with lighting techniques and some basic photography skills. It didn't take long before she was kicking butt. It is so important to be nice! EB is the type of person who has a positive attitude with just about everything. She is now my business mentor. In a way it's funny beacuse I was her mentor as a young photojournalist 10 years ago. What goes around comes around.

EB is owner operator of Blush Imagery http://www.blushimagery.com/ a successful wedding photography business in Portland, Maine. EB married former Tribune photographer Brian Fitzgerald http://www.fitzgeraldphoto.com/who also has chimed in with suggestions, advise, and contracts for me as well. All I did was call her about my situation and immediately she started helping me without hesitation. She is my adviser on the business of photography. You guys rock! To tell the truth I think I have motivated her to become a photography consultant. I would like to thank EB, Brian, Tony and Dave. Your the best!

As far as my photography I have landed a nice corporate account. I really don't want to talk about that to much because it is to soon to think I'm their go-to-guy. I'm still working hard to develop long term relationships. Beyond that, I have photographed a couple who are engaged, a couple of models and former Tribune intern. The images are a departure from my former photography work but I'm finding it equally rewarding. When you make a good picture you always feel good about it. Today, I feel good about these pictures. I think it is correct to say I'm forever learning, a student of life and continually evolving as I go. I still have a long road in front of me, but I feel I'm off to a good start.

By mid March, I will have a new web site. My address http://bradarmstrongphotography.com/ will be the same but my hope is to grow the site as I expand. I'll keep you posted!

Thanks for visiting!

1 comment:

Nancy T said...

Congrats on making progress. There will always be ups and downs, but this news is definately UP. Yay Brad!