Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Catherine Dec. 2011.

I recently did a Photoshop tutorial and decided this would be a great image to work on while discovering new ways of doing things.  I realize this is a departure from my purist photography bradarmstrongphotography.com and more on the digital art side. I think creative applications are worthy of learning in spite of what people might think of it.   It may not be for everyone but as far as I am concerned it's all about discovery at my finger tips.

Photoshop is an incredible tool and I know this type of image is perceived as fake or trendy. It's taken me a long time to realize I don't do this to make other people happy.  Photography is a self indulging creative activity that is very personal.
So go for it.  If people like it, great.  If they don't, learn from it and move on. 

If you read my blog you'll know I'm all about learning and constantly pushing myself to learn new things. I'll say it again, I need to evolve and grow creativley.  If I'm satisfied with a particular techneque I fear I will become formulaic, predictable and boring.  I may be that already but at least I'm trying to be better everyday I go out the door.

Thanks for looking and supporting my blog.  Comments are always welcome.

No comments: