Monday, July 9, 2012

Camping Portraits

Lorie
Lori and I,  Photo by Toru
Donna and Toru
Toru
Donna
These pictures are from a recent overnight camping trip to the Mogollon Rim in AZ. 

The pictures are made with a Polaroid camera and film made by Fuji film.  The color is FP-100c and the black and white is FP-100b.  These are the pull apart film’s like the old by gone Polaroids.  The sun light was intense and contrasty so for fill light I used a Canon 580 EXII flash and a small beauty dish.

This was an exercise for me not to over manage. The conversation prior to making the pictures was use the coffee pot or cup as your prop and beyond that I will not micro manage the portraits.  I wanted Toru, Donna, Lorie and I to just be.  You don’t have to smile or look into the camera.  Just be yourself and do what every you want.  This is the result.

No comments: