Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Ordonez girls










These are my little nieces form Santa Monica. They're so sweet and cute.

I have a small box full of expired film I use from time to time. I wanted to see if I would get some cool effects from the expired film. What I got was a just bad film and the resulting creative experiment forced me to spend a lot of time in Photoshop. Next time I'll have fresh film.

I have always loved medium format photography. It's square rather than rectangle for those that don't know. I like the openness of the frame. The subject can breath and I can include a little move environment. For me this format makes sense in my eye and mind.

These images are made with a Hasselblad 503 cx film camera with a 50mm lens. The digital version of my camera is the Hasselblad HD4 and is priced at $30,000.00. Just a bit out of my price range.

No comments: