Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Biltmore swimsuit shoot




Loving the scanner these days. I'm going to be posting images from my recent scans in the coming weeks.

Photography is a creative field that when I make a beautiful image it will always be beautiful to me. This is one of those images. The model is great! She is giving me long exaggerated lines that accentuate the curves of her body. She looks great without over doing it. Helping the overall image is the light that is relativley soft but bright enough giving me good contrast. If I could do all over, I might have moved the furniture in the background.

I made this photograph at the Biltmore Resort in Phoenix, using a Hasselblad C/M camera. I used a 150mm lens, shooting across the pool. It was a long throw, so I had to shoot-for-crop. A shoot-for-crop means, I didn't have a long enough lens to get in tight from across the pool so I had to shoot loose and crop to achieve the perspective I wanted. Sometimes you have to think on your feet and make it work with what you got.

No comments: