Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Picturing Maricopa 2010

A short update. I am honored to say for the second year in a row I was chosen to take part in the 2010 Picturing Maricopa Project http://www.pipertrust.org/PicturingMaricopa.html. The photographic project is funded by the Virginia G. Piper Charitable Trust.

Fifty-five professional photographers applied for this years photographic project. A selection committee evaluates the portfolios and selects fifteen finalist for the project.

We are then paired with 15 non-profit organizations throughout the Valley. By the way this is a paid assignment for those that might be wondering. It's in the public domain hence the number of applicants. We are paid a one day rate of $1500.00 by the Virginia G. Piper Charitable Trust to provide images to the non-profits.

Last year, was it’s inaugural year were I was paired with Adelante Healthcare. http://www.adelantehealthcare.com/. You can see some of my work on their new website.

This year, I’m paired with The Centers for Habilitation www.tch-az.com .

I will be meeting TCH representatives next week to learn more about the centers and how I can contribute to there mission.

No comments: