Monday, December 28, 2009

Muhammad Ali Parkinson Center


Muhammad looked straight at me for quite a bit of time during a very crowded event that had all the Arizona media present. After a while, I wasn't sure if he was giving me a clean shot or if he wanted to knock my block off.


I made this photo of Muhammad and his wife Lonnie walking the halls of the new facility. The hallways are covered with historic photographs of Muhammad's incredible life.


During the Parkinson opening luncheon, Muhammad was presented a gift from promoters of the Muhammad Ali Celebrity Fight Night.

Muhammad Ali was present during the ribbon cutting ceremony to open the Muhammad Ali Parkinson Center and Movement Disorder Clinic at St. Joseph's Medical Center and Barrow Neurological Institute. This was a huge media event where I felt like I was back in my old environment again. It was competitive to navigate around all the people and fun to see Muhammad Ali for the first time.

If you would like to see more information about the center this link will take you directly to the center http://www.maprc.com/

No comments: